Finally some people found a way to offer the Enduro riders an Enduro event after a long time. The MSC Niederwürzbach was the right club for doind so, as it had already managed to organize training courses for enduro riders and more. Harry Leiner and his team have established concepts, including an on-site test station, in order to be able to carry out the IPI event.
More than 450 Riders at the line
The event was a great success with more than 450 riders been registered. They had traveled from all over Germany to the far north to take advantage of this unique opportunity. A lot of IGE newcomers were there too, as well as top riders from the hard enduro scene, such as Thomas Schley and Timo Jungmann. Thomas Schley turned to be the fastest rider and was able to win the overall championship with his Husqvarna just ahead of Mike Wiedemann and Timo Jungmann.
Unfortunately the weather on Sunday created lots of problems for some of the riders, but as thex keep saing: what the heck - when the going gets tough, the tough get going !
Mike Wiedemann on his way to Dakar
Mike Wiedemann, who takes all oportunities for practice in order to fulfill his big dream of the Dakar, has done very well on the tuff & heavy route. He made it to 2nd place overall in the championship of the PRO riders.
Results IGE Niederwürzbach
1. Thomas Schley Husqvarna TE300i
2. Mike Wiedemann (Racing Team Wiedemann Pfefferle /ADAC Pfalz) KTM EXC
3. Timo Jungmann GasGas EC
4. Matthias Reichmann (MSC Bräunlingen Team Karreschwarter) ktm 300
5. Fynn Hannemann Husqvarna TE 250
6. Jonathan Enners (Beta-Semmler Racing Team) Beta rr racing
7. Felix Bähker (Team Enduro Seven) Sherco Se Factory
8. Otto Kallfelz Ktm Exc
9. Nils Asmussen (Extreme Enduro Shop) KTM EXC 300
10. Simon Schröder (Oelluxx24 racing team) KTM EXC